This die will create a gift bag with stitching and embossing as well as a slot on the of the bag where you can place a gift card, cash, etc., making it a "Gift Card/Money Holder" die as well.
You can also create a themed card or project by decorating the bag with pattered paper, stamps, embellishment or die cuts for whatever themed card you want to create.
A few ideas include creating a birthday themed bag using patterned paper to cut out the gab and have balloons coming out of the slot in the bag. die cut (themed) items coming out of the bag. Or a New Baby Bag using baby themed papers and embellishments and have baby related die cuts coming out of the bag (or even a gift card). The possibilities with this die are endless! our design team has so many ideas for this die, I can't wait to add examples for you very soon!
Special thanks to Mona Leonard for her collaboration with me during the design of this die!
Kat's Gift Bag Approximate Measurements
- Bag Measurements -
- Handle Measurements -
- Gift Card Slot Measurements -
Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines!
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
Awesome, very cute die that I used to make Christmas cards and birthday cards. Cut with solid color card and Stamped happy birthday on the bag and merry Christmas . Popped up with foam strips and adhered onto patterned paper card .
Great, excellent quality die and this die can be used all year round both money or a gift card can be used with using this die