The Stitched Rope Design Dies will cut perfect rectangles with a stitched rope border around the outside of the shape.
Dies measure approximately:
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- 2 3/4" x4"
- 2" x 3 1/4"
- 1 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- 1/2" x 1 3/4"
Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines!
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
I’ve been so happy with my purchase from Kat S! The dies were a great price compared to others, work perfectly and I received my shipment quickly.
I love the affordability of this die. It cuts beautifully thru my cuttlebug! I will definitely purchase more dies! So many to choose from :)
My overall experience was amazing One of the items I picked out was out of stock. I was messaged right away, and was able to choose something else from my wish list!! I couldn’t be happier with my experience and I highly recommend Kat Scrappiness to everyone I know.
Love the unique edge this die gives---different and decorative!!
on one die I had ordered 2 of the same and paid for I but only got 1. They have rectified it and the new one is in the mail