THIS ITEM IS ON RESERVE UNTIL APPROXIMATELY LATE JANUARY 2021.
To reserve this item you may buy it now along with the remainder of your order. Your order will be held until the reserve item arrives. If you need your order to ship right away, please place a separate order for this item.
These stitched hill dies will fit your slimline cards perfectly and the stitching detail around the outside adds the perfect amount of interest for your cards and projects. There are 2 dies in this set. The dies measure approximately 8 1/4" X 1 3/4 at their tallest point.
Slimline cards measure 8.5 x 3.5 and fit into a standard #10 business sized envelope. Check out Kat's entire line of Slimline Envelopes here.
Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines!
Designed by Waleska Galindo
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
WHILE I'VE BEEN COLLECTING ALL THINGS SLIMLINE, THESE HILLS JUST CAN'T BE OVERLOOKED. SLIMLINE IS A GREAT PLACE FOR BUILDING SCENES.
I love everything I purchase from kat scrappiness, what a fun die
Great die for snow or grass!
It was great. Love the dies
I love the dies, they cut easily and look great!