THIS ITEM IS ON RESERVE UNTIL APPROXIMATELY LATE OCTOBER 2020.
To reserve this item you may buy it now along with the remainder of your order. Your order will be held until the reserve item arrives. If you need your order to ship right away, please place a separate order for this item.
The fun and wonky stitching around the outside of these slimline dies will add the perfect finishing touch to your card or project.
There are 4 dies in this set and the approximate measurements are as follows:
- 8 1/4 X 3 1/4
- 7 1/2 2 1/2
- 6 3/4 X 1 3/4
- 6 X 7/8
Slimline cards measure 8.5 x 3.5 and fit into a standard #10 business sized envelope. Check out Kat's entire line of Slimline Envelopes here.
Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines!
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
Excellent!! Love these!! Thank you!!
I am looking forward to using the item in projects.
It was great - easy to order and it came promptly. This is the first time I have ordered from here, but will be returning ( after we move from CA to Or) in mid-October. the several sizes of the dies lend themselves to all manner of ideas.
It worked fine, and looked good.
Such fun using this on my slimline cards.