Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines! These dies will cut perfect ovals with stitch lines around the outside of the shape and are designed to fit an A2 sized card perfectly!
Dies measure approximately:
- 3 3/8" x 4 1/4"
- 3" x 3 3/4"
- 2 5/8" x 3 3/8"
- 2 18" x 3"
- 1 1/2" x 2 5/8"
- 1 1/4" x 2 1/8"
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
Very cute. Quick service. Dies worked well.
Awesome dies and great price point! They add so much detail and interest to my paper projects.
I've only used two of them so far, but they work really well! I'll be back to order more, in different shapes.
I have been very pleased with the quality of Kat's dies. They cut perfectly no matter what material I am trying to shape.
I love how they cut. They do warp a bit in my big shot due to the thinness of the metal but it doesn't effect the finished cut. I also received a sample pack of sequins with my order. Nice surprise. I will order from Kat again for sure!!