Kat Scrappiness custom dies are high-quality steel and are compatible with most die cutting machines! These dies will cut perfect rectangles with stitch lines and a postage stamp edge the outside of the shape and are designed to fit an A2 sized card perfectly!
Dies measure approximately:
- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- 3 1/2" x 4 3/4"
- 2 3/4" x4"
- 2" x 3 1/4"
- 1 1/4" x 2 1/2"
- 1/2" x 1 3/4"
KAT’S DIE CUTTING TIPS
No matter what die cutting machine you use, I suggest using one plate as the bottom plate and one as the top every time you die cut. That way only one plate gets cut into. In fact, I wrote on my plates with a black sharpie “TOP PLATE” and “BOTTOM PLATE” so I don’t’ mix them up. Each time you die cut you will want to flip and reverse your plates to keep them from warping. Warped plates do not cut well at all.
- Background dies and dies with straight edges should always be placed onto the plates at a slight angle (diagonal). This way when it goes into the machine, the corner goes in first and it will not only give you a better die cut, but it will also keep your die cutting machine good working order.
- When die cutting an intricate die, you will always want to use new, un-warped plates.
- ALWAYS cut your die with the cut side UP, especially with intricate dies. This will apply the most pressure from the rollers to the blade of the die and not to the back of it.
- If you are having trouble die cutting an intricate die, and you are using a Sizzix Big Shot, use the Sizzix Precision Plate. It’s a great tool for intricate dies.
- If your die is not cutting all the way through the paper and you’ve used all of the tips above, add a metal shim such as this one from Lawn Fawn.
- If you run a die through and it doesn’t cut well, before you add a shim, make sure to remove all of the paper outside of the die before you run It through again. It will help you get a cleaner cut on intricate dies. (Thanks to my friend Gina Marie for this tip!)
Share this Product
I really like this set and will be using it often! It cuts beautifully.
The dies consistently cut well and the assortment of sizes is very useful.
These dies were just what I was leaving looking for to make my Christmas cards. They did an excellent job with the cutting of my card stock . I would recommend these does. I also appreciated the very quick service that I received the dues- they arrived exactly when you said they would be at my home in Ohio.
Great die, fast service!
Awesome and so quick to reach me!!